Uyarsky district
Photo:www.24fishing.ru
Uyarsky district
Photo:Римма Курилович
Uyarsky district
Photo:Дмитрий Волков
Uyarsky district
Photo:Максим Кирилин
Uyarsky district
Photo:Дмитрий Волков

Uyarsky district


Uyarsky district
Uyarsky district

Administrative center: town of Uyar.
Population: 22,358 inhabitants.
Dialing code: +7 (39146).

Uyarsky district is located to the east of Krasnoyarsk, in the foothills of the Eastern Sayan near the Rybnaya River and its tributaries, the Malaya and Bolshaya Avda, the Balaya, the Noeka, the Kaszachki. The main localities of the district are along the rivers. The riverbank of the Kan is not occupied within the district.


Geography and nature
Uyarsky district is located in the foothills of the Eastern Sayan near the Rybnaya River and its tributaries.


Tourist routes
Tourists go to Uyarsky district for rafting on the Kan and the Rybnaya in May and June. Rafting on the Kan is better to start in Kansky or Rybinsky districts. On the territory of Uyarsky district, there is only one small beautiful section of the river with interesting barriers. Before the mouth of the Rybnaya, there is a riffle with the same name. In its way, there are many large boulders above and below the water, but the passages are everywhere. After the mouth of the Rybnaya, there are two rapids (the Kosoy and the Bolshoy, 2-3 category of difficulty) and several large riffles in the riverbed of the Kan.


The rapids on the Rybnaya River are passable only during the high water in inflatable sports watercrafts: catamarans and lifeboats. The rafting route “Rybnaya-Kan” is the most popular among the experienced water tourists. The perfect time to do it is in the first decade of May when the rapids are estimated at 3-4 category of difficulty.


History and culture
In 1987, treasure was discovered on the outskirts of the village of Novo-Pyatnitskoye, on the bank of the Rybnaya River: bronze knives, daggers, battle-axes. In 1000-2000 BC, there appeared the Samoyed tribes in the forests along the banks of the Kan and the Rybnaya. Later they were called the "Kamasins". On the territory of Uyarsky district, there is still an ancient trail known as "Kamasssian". The Tatars and the Kyrgyz disloged the Kamasins from their land in the middle of 2000 BC. By the way, the Tatars gave the name to the main river if Kansk forest-steppe – the "Kan" translates as blood. The name can be interpreted in two ways: the blood of the earth that brings it life, or the red water as a symbol of the blood of people who died on its banks.


Russian history of the district
Uyarskaya Zaimka was founded in 1760. Later, a postal station and a coachman hut appeared next to it in the Moscow tract. At the end of the 19th century, a railway station Uyarskaya was built on the Trans-Siberian Railway. The station was renamed in Olgino in 1897, and then renamed again in Klyukvennaya in 1906. During the Civil War, the station became famous for the fact that close to it, there happened a major battle on the territory of our region between the White Czechs and the Bolsheviks workers in 1918.


Sights
One of the most interesting local sights are merchant's house in the village of Nikolskoye, referring to the 19th century, and still functioning water towers, made of stone and wood in 1912, on the forecourt of the Uyar and the Balay. You can also visit the church of Transfiguration built in 1874 in the district center. Another church or rather its remains are in the village of Olgino. It is the Temple of Saint Olga, built at the behest of Nikolai II in honor of his daughter, Princess Olga. In Soviet times, it was a storage for grain. The temple is going to be restored. You can find more information about the monuments and sights of Uyarsky district at the website of local ethnographers and enthusiasts.

Our partners